This specially designed training course on Human Resource Management in Local Governments is vital to improve the competencies of personnel in Higher Local Governments to be able to carry out their mandated roles and responsibilities in managing the human resource in their respective Local Governments. It is anticipated that the training course will provide an opportunity for the targeted Councillors and Local Government staff to review their individual performance as human resource management practitioners and develop action plans that will facilitate better service delivery.
The aim of the Human Resource Management Course is to enable Higher Level Local Government personnel to carry out best human resource management practices that are consistent and in line with the approved regulatory framework and procedures governing management of the human resource in Local Governments.
By the end of the training course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand their respective primary and backup roles and responsibilities in managing the human resource in Local Governments with regard to:
- The Legal and Policy Regulatory framework
- Human Resource Management Procedures
- Human Resource Management Best Practices
- Explain and effectively apply the following functions and relevant techniques;
- Handling Grievances and Discipline
- Management of Personnel Records
- Management of the Payroll
- Staff Training and Development
- Staff Performance Appraisal
- Provision of a healthy and Safe Working Environment
- Provision of Backup Documents